Network Rail works summer blockade – 30 July to 14 August 2016
This notification is for information only. These works are unconnected with East West Rail phase 1 works.
As part of Network Rail’s Railway Upgrade Plan, they will be carrying out major rail improvement work between Leamington Spa, Banbury, Bicester North, Oxford and Didcot Parkway this summer and lines will be closed for up to 16 days (30 July – 14 August 2016).
During this time Network Rail will be working throughout the Oxford Corridor on a number of projects which may be disruptive to lineside neighbours. However, please be assured, that Network Rail are working hard to minimise noise as much as possible, including limiting the working shift hours, and using techniques and equipment that are quieter than the standard methods we use across the country.
Download this information as a leaflet here.
WHAT WORK IS HAPPENING?
Auger Piling may continue and minor associated works in preparation for the footbridge to demolished, and the new bridge to be lifted in.
- 3–5 August: Auger Piling and minor associated works (7am-7pm)
- 3–5 August: Ditch clearance (7am-7pm)
Castle Mill Stream
We continue our piling in preparation for the bridge deck reconstruction as per previous piling works. Please note Network Rail will be using a large crane to lift and install the bridge.
- 30 July – 3 August: Auger piling (24hr working)
- 3 – 8 August: Bridge reconstruction throughout (24hr working including track works).
During the blockade we will be working on Sheepwash Bridge to upgrade the current track and install a cantilever walkway.
- 30 July (12.01am) – 1 August (8am): Remove existing track and reinstate (24hr working)
- 1 – 4 August: Install cantilever walkway – planned day shifts only but may require some 24hr working
We will be delivering a package of works in preparation for the new Chiltern Railways Oxford to Marylebone service starting on the 12 December 2016.
- 30 July (11pm) – 1 August (8am): Relay and tamping of the new Platform 1 & 2 track (24hr working)
- 30 July – 7 August: Auger piling (24hr working)
- 2 – 7 August: Installation of new platform inc brick laying (24hr working)
Botley Road Bridge
- 1 – 5 August: Track repairs – maintenance of track fixing will involve drilling the concrete (7am-7pm)
Stone Meadow to Walton Well Bridge
- 1 – 6 August: Track works inc welding and stressing (7am-7pm)
Sheepwash Bridge and Rewley Road area
- 1 – 6 August: Track works inc points enhancements (7am-7pm)
Deliveries will be throughout, generally during day times with crane delivery in the early hours on the 2 August, and then being removed from site on the 8 August.
Contact Network Rail
I hope this information is helpful and we apologise for any inconvenience these essential works may cause.
However, if you have any additional questions or concerns about the work taking place in your area please call our dedicated 24-hour National Helpline on: 03457 11 41 41 or visit www.networkrail.co.uk/contactus
If you’d like regular updates during the blockade, please sign up to our newsletter by emailing Amy Harland at email@example.com.